Palestine Zaytoun Bundle
We have had the pleasure of working with Palestinian makers to create this wonderful unique gift box for you and your loved ones. All the items are sourced directly from makers and all paid a fair-wage. We want to use this opportunity to highlight the beautiful craftsmanship from Palestine.
The theme for the bundle is olives, zaytoun. Olives are fundamental to Palestinian history, economy, subsistence, and culture. Olive trees symbolise Palestinian steadfastness and are deeply valued for their ability to thrive and send down deep roots in land where water is hard to come by. To learn more about farmers struggle in Palestine, click here.
We have a limited number of these boxes, place your orders and let us know if you would like them in time for Ramadan or Eid and we will arrange shipping accordingly.
Don't forget to buy your Ramadan / Eid cards with us. A % is donated to feed people in Yemen and Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
What does it include?
1. £5 donated to provide Iftar for one person at Al-Aqsa this Ramadan. For peace of mind, we will share donations on our Instagram.
2. A handmade bowl painted with olive branches by the talented women from Nisf Jbeil West Bank Palestine. Each bowl is 9cm x 4cm the perfect size for olives, dips and dates.
3. Choose from 3 original Hirbawi® keffiyeh. Hirbawi® is the only remaining place in Palestine making original keffiyeh. The keffiyeh we usually see in stores around UK are made in South Asia or China. Keffiyeh are a synonymous with the quest for Palestinian freedom and independence.
4. A box of 250g Medjoul dates from Jericho, Palestine. Known as the king of dates, these juicy dates are fresh and have a wonderful caramel taste. Zaytoun is a social enterprise all profits are invested back into farmers in Palestine.
5. A recycled notebook. There's no better time to reflect and journal that Ramadan. The pages inside these books are made buy recycling old tshirts and paper waste. Covered with off-cuts of hand dyed ikat cotton fabric. The making of these books supports the livelihoods of artisans in India. We have 5 designs and these will be added at random.
6. We're very happy to announce the launch of our first coconut and rapeseed wax candle. Named Ramadan ki Raatein (Ramadan Nights), this scent is inspired by the streets of Madina. When lit, the beautiful citrus top notes of bergamot, mandarin and cinnamon will melt away to reveal a woody, smokey fragrance. This is a robust layered scent with many beautiful notes such as Myrrh, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Patchouli, Jasmine, Amber, Tobacco and Tonka to name a few. 100% safe and CLP tested.
7. One tree planted. If you would like a tree planting certificate let us know the name at the checkout.
8. Seeded information paper about the people you support by buying this bundle can be planted for a min of 3 medium sized pots. Wild flowers will bloom in weeks and then can be potted outside.
Currently only available in UK
Purchase with Purpose
By purchasing from us you are choosing to buy better. Natural, chemical free products that are kind to you and your loved ones as well as our planet.
Your purchase enables us to continue to support communities dependent on traditional crafts.