One of our favourite topics to discuss, colour psychology in the home. A lot of people don’t think about the effects colours have on them and choose favourites like a bright red in the bedroom and then wonder why they’re unable to unwind and feel calm in their surroundings.
The Power of Colour
Room colour can impact our moods and our thoughts and affect us in many ways, depending on age, gender, ethnic background, and climate. Certain colours or even groups of colours tend to receive a common reaction from most people, which is why it’s so important to choose colours wisely when it comes to decorating.
Colour has the power to change the shape and size of furnishings, as well as the shape and size of the room itself. Colour trends come and go, but you don’t have to worry about trends to have a beautiful home. How?
When deciding a colour for your room ask yourself
What mood do you want to create?
What colours match that mood?
- Red raises a room’s energy level.
- Can stimulate passion love, power, and anger.
- It has also been shown to increase heart rate.
Check out our beautiful one piece Kantha Quilt Dhruvi made up of 2-5 layers of repurposed saris.
- Evokes excitement and enthusiasm and promotes activity.
- Captures the joy of sunshine
- Communicates happiness
It's no wonder our plant-dyed Sitaara cushions are a big hit with you all.
- Associated with love and kindness.
- Boosts creativity.
- Has a calming effect.
- Relieves stress.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Slower heart rate.
Our handloomed Zeynep range is OEKO-TEK® and oh so soothing!
- Rich sophistication for darker purples.
- Relaxation for lighter purples.
We have a beautiful green and purple repurposed Sari Kantha Quilt that hits this spot so well!
- Adds warmth.
- Common with traditional decor.
- Brings elegance and sophistication
- Brings calming effects.
- Makes the room feel more open and spacious.
- Grounds your color scheme.
- Gives depth.
Discover our collection of planet-friendly neutral options, perfect to help create a sense of calm in your home.
- Brings comfort and warmth.
- Completely versatile.
- Timeless and classic in lighter shades.
- Edgy and modern in darker hues.
See our beautiful chevron handloomed Sümeyye available in black and grey, depending on the vibe you want to create.